701 E 6th St
701 East 6th
701 E 6th Street
Austin, TX 78701
- Floors 1&2: 6,532 SF [TCAD]
- Building Total Usable Space: ~10,000 SF [owner]
- Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1994
- Offices / Studios
- Only free-standing building on East 6th Street
- Building height ~40 feet - potential for rooftop deck
- Mostly refinished interiors & basement
- Loading dock & parking lot in rear - potential for building addition
- Potential for hospitality, food & beverage, future development
- Zoning: CBD-H
- Walkscore: 95 [www.walkscore.com]
A Historic Connection to Waller Creek's Future
The Randerson-Lundell Building is a historic gem on Waller Creek, at the heart of Sixth Street. This landmark is ideally positioned to become the nexus of the new “Waller Creek Park District*. It will connect the planned Waller Creek Promenade to a restored Waller Creek in downtown Austin.
This is the only free-standing building on East Sixth Street, west of I-35. A back loading dock and sizable parking lot, along Sabine Street, offers extension potential. A good example of a native limestone and brick commercial structure, featuring simple classical details. Original 11-foot windows, reclaimed Texas Longleaf pine wood ceilings, refinished/reclaimed wood flooring, concrete center beam.
A witness to the historic evolution of Sixth Street and Austin, since the mid 1800’s, this building shares the creek front with Easy Tiger. Steps to dining, hotels and entertainment spots. Favorites include: Parkside, The Backspace, Daruma Ramen, Koriente, Chez Nous, Alamo Drafthouse, The Driskill.
*Waller Creek Conservancy, in partnership with the City of Austin, is developing a chain of parks around a restored Waller Creek in downtown Austin.